Guidance for Visitors STR Facilities During COVID-19 Pandemic
DATE: March 18, 2021
STR is committed to keeping our employees and visitors safe during the COVID-19 pandemic while supporting the critical missions of our customers in the federal government. STR requests that mission-critical visitors to STR facilities review this guidance and attachments before their visit(s). Please coordinate visits closely with your primary STR point of contact and the STR Security team. You are required to review the attached STR COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire and must confirm that you can answer no to all questions when you arrive at STR.
General Health and Safety Guidelines
- Visitors are permitted to visit STR facilities only to perform critical tasks that can only be completed at STR’s facility or using equipment located only at STR’s facility
- Do not visit an STR facility if you are at all feeling sick
- You must take your temperature before visiting an STR facility; Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above is prohibited from visiting
- If you recently had a fever, do not visit an STR facility unless you have been fever-free for at least 24 hours
- Practice social distancing to prevent exposure, staying at least six feet away from others at all times
- If in a secure lab space, follow the posted ingress/egress procedure including that you stay six feet away from others
- Only enter secure labs if the six-foot minimum separation can be maintained
- Wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face, and do not shake hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces, for example keyboards, doorknobs, etc. (STR has cleaning products for use on-site)
- Wear face coverings at all times in STR facilities
Restrictions on Visiting STR’s Facility
Visitors who have recently self-quarantined or self-isolated due to one of the below reasons related to COVID-19 are not permitted in an STR facility until the CDC criteria to discontinue home isolation are met. In additional, individuals should also follow the guidance of their healthcare providers and state and local health departments prior to ending their self-quarantine or self-isolation. Do not visit STR facilities if you have:
- tested positive for COVID-19;
- symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and your doctor has advised you to self-quarantine or self-isolate;
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or someone who is showing symptoms of COVID-19 ;
- been notified by a public health official that you need to self-quarantine or self-isolate, or that you have been or may have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, whether or not you are experiencing symptoms; or
- recently traveled internationally in the past 14 days or been in contact with someone who has traveled internationally.
COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire for Visitors
STR is implementing precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our workforce and visitors. Please review this form in advance of your visit. You will need to answer no to all questions in order to visit STR facilities.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
2. Have you been in close contact with someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
3. Are you currently awaiting results from a COVID-19 test, or do you otherwise have a reason to believe that you may currently have COVID-19?
4. Do you currently have, or have you in the last 72 hours had, temperature that exceeds 100.4°F? [Note: you will be required to check your temperature using the kiosk available in the STR lobby prior to entry]
5. Are you experiencing, or have you experienced in the last 14 days, any respiratory or flu-like symptoms, including a running nose, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches/chills, anosmia?
6. Have you traveled internationally in the past 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, please do not enter our facility and contact your STR visit host to reschedule. At STR check-in you will be asked to confirm that you answered no to each of these questions.