STR COVID-19 Visitor Policy
SUBJECT: Guidance for Visitors to STR Facilities During COVID-19 Pandemic
DATE: March 2, 2022
STR is committed to keeping our employees and visitors safe during the COVID-19 pandemic while supporting the critical missions of our customers in the federal government.
- Please review this policy prior to your visit. Upon arrival, you will be required to verbally attest that you have read and understood this policy.
- All visitors must follow the CDC masking guidance based on COVID-19 Community Levels (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/covid-by-county.html). If the level is high at the STR facility you are visiting, then you must wear a mask except when alone in an office with the door closed. Masks will be provided when you arrive, if needed.
All visitors must follow the CDC quarantine guidelines below:
If You Test Positive for COVID-19:
- Stay home for at least 5 days
- Isolation can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present or are resolving and you have a negative test result that was taken on day 5 or later
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present or are resolving, isolation can end after day 10
- If you continue to test positive for COVID-19, after day 10 you may visit an STR office, per CDC data suggesting persons are no longer infectious after this time
- If symptoms return, you must restart the clock on isolation
If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19:
- You may visit STR but must mask in the office for 10 days after exposure and must test on day 5. If you have a positive test result, then you must follow the guidelines above. If you are unable to get a test, contact the COVID-19 email or hotline for further guidance.
If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FROM SECURITY
Arrival at STR
- All visitors must register at STR reception prior to program area access, no exceptions
- A visitor’s STR sponsor should submit a visit cert, this is preferred at least 72 hours in advance to confirm the program access.
- Visitors that have program access do not need to be escorted inside SAPF
When on site, escorts are responsible for visitors electronic equipment in their possession
- No Cell phones, Fitbits, USB drives, etc. are allowed in secure spaces
- Visitor must sign into the cleared visitor’s log
- Cleared visitors can be left inside the room without STR employee present
Emergency Procedures Once in the Building
- Evacuate the building without delay for the fire alarm or emergency situations
- If time DOES NOT permit:
- Classified information DOES NOT have to be secured
- Alarms DO NOT need to be activated
- Locks DO NOT need to be spun
- Facility Security Officers (FSOs) and First Responders SHALL be allowed access to classified areas
- They DO NOT need to sign the visitor log
- Security debriefing may be conducted
**The lives of employees or visitors SHALL NOT be placed in jeopardy to safeguard classified material**